Home › Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India
Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India
School of Holistic Yoga and Ayurveda Goa offers 200 hrs intensive residential Ashtanga Yoga teacher training course (YTTC), accredited with Yoga Alliance international. This TTC offers you an opportunity to register yourself as a Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance and start your professional teaching career and path.
Who can join?
Any enthusiastic and disciplined Yoga student who has been practicing any style of Yoga (Hatha, Ashtanga, Iyengar or Kundalini Kriyas)can join.
What to expect during the course?
Strict discipline, No Non veg food or smoking or boozing, Abstinence from sensual pleasures, living with simplicity and in a satwic Yogic way. Avoid useless talking and chatting, engaging in personal and group practice, being considerate to others and yourself.
Schedule of Ashtanga Vinyasa Teacher Training (200 Hrs)
|Starting Date||Completion Date||Course Fee
(with shared accommodation)
(with Separate single room, non sharing)
|Early Bird Discount
90 days advance booking only
|Jan 2′ 2015||Jan 26′ 2015||990 €||1150 €||100 €|
|Feb 10′ 2015||Mar 5 ‘ 2015||990 €||1150 €||100 €|
Two times ( Breakfast & Lunch ) vegetarian Ayurvedic Indian meals will cost 10 Euros for a day. Dinner will not be served at the ashram.
- Students must inform at least one day before if they need meals for the next day. Sudden cancellations will be not allowed and consequentially billed.
- People can also pay weekly advance or for the whole duration of their stay in ashram.
- Students must pay in advance for the food and meals and not later.
- Dinner can be prepared by the students and teachers in the kitchen or they can eat out based on the personal convenience.
- We conduct classes on Saturday as well and TTC’s can extend for additional 2 days. Students are expected to be present two days after the scheduled ending dates. They are advised to arrange travels and departures keeping this aspect in mind.
200 Hrs, Ashtanga Yoga (Vinyasa) Teachers Training Course Curriculum
- Daily Asanas Practice (Ashtanga Vinyasa Sequence) (90 mins)
- Opening Prayer & Closing Prayer (Sanskrit)
- Warm up exercises and Sun Salutations A & B
- Complete Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series including, Standing, Balancing, Seated, Meditative, Forward bends, Back Bends, Spinal Twist, Inversions, Closing asanas, Relaxation (Active & Passive) and Final
Primary and Intermediate Series (With corrections and alignments)
Common Topics and Modules) (Hatha & Ashtanga Vinyasa)
- Sarva Hitta Asanas (Asanas that benefits all!!)
- Designing series for Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced, Children, Oldies, Pregnant, Pre Natal & Post natal, Restorative and Transformational
- Poses, Counter Poses, Variations (wherever applicable)
- Going "In" & "Out" of the postures
- Corrections and Alignments
- Breathing control and coordination with movement
- Benefits, indications and contra indications while teaching and instructions (Detailed in Theory)
- Q & A Session ( 15 mins)
- Studying Asanas, Kriyas, Bandh, Mudras, Pranayama& Meditation in detail (Theory & Practical)
- Kriyas: (theory and practice): benefits and contraindications, techniques and practical tips: Jala Neti, Sutra Neti, Shankhaprakshalana (Langhoo Shankhaprakshalana), Vaman Dauti (Kunjal Kriya), Kapalbhati, Trataka
- Bandhas :lecture & practice: Jalandhara Bandha, Moola Bandha, Uddiyana Bandha, Maha Bandha
- Pranayama:lecture & everyday practical training: Prana & Pranic Body, abdominal/diaphragmatic breathing, thoracic breathing, yogic breathing, alternate nostril breathing, Sheetali Pranayama, Sheetkari Pranayama, Bhramari Pranayama, Ujjayi Pranayama, Bhastrika Pranayama, Kapalbhati
- Mudras:meaning and practice: Jnana Mudra, Chin Mudra, Yoni Mudra, Bhairava Mudra, Hridaya Mudra
- Mudra Therapy: Treating major and minor problems through various mudras
- Studying Anatomy and Physiology behind each asanas and pranayama under classified groups, indications, contra indications, benefits and cautions ( theory )
- Concept of Ayurvedic and Yogic Diet (Theory)
- Meditation Techniques and Practice (Practical)
- Yoga Philosophy: Sage Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras; understanding. commentary and comprehension (theory)
- Chanting of Vedic Mantras (Practical)
- Spiritual Discussions and Discourses relevant to Yoga and Life
- Business Aspects of Yoga and Yoga as Profession
- Final Written Exam (3 hrs)
View Accommodation Options & Facilities
! Hari Om Tat Sat !