Yoga Therapy Teachers Training in Goa, India
200 Hours Yoga Therapy Teachers Training Course (YTTC)
"Atha Yoga Anushashanam"
The process of yoga therapy is based on selecting and sequencing asanas which stretch specified parts of the body, and block others. You must remember, however, that in the case of serious or congenital disabilities, yoga asanas may not affect a full recovery, but in many cases can alleviate some of the suffering associated with the condition. Asanas and other Yogi methods need to be practiced with patience and diligence for a period of time to get relief or cure. Yoga calms the nerves and reduces the pain thus bringing the foremost trouble entity (pain) to the minimum levels. Meditation and pranayama speeds up the healing process. Cure is not forced but allowed the nature to heal on its own pace.
Yoga Therapy has proven to be effective in treating more than 55 chronic diseases and conditions with ample evidence. Yoga is holistic. Diseases manifest only when our body, mind and soul are not in balance with each other. The belief underlying yoga therapy is to enable the human system to function as efficiently, effectively, and naturally as it can. This natural process, however, operates at its own rhythm and pace, and the pace may sometimes be slow. Yoga therapy begins with understanding the entire human body and the way it functions. The origins and development of the ailment in question are carefully studied, particularly the parts of the body most affected. The aim is not simply to cure the specific symptoms, but to target the cause.
Yoga addresses every muscle, bone, organ, tissues and cell of the body. Therapeutic Yoga treatments are not only limited to curing minor or major chronic diseases but also life threatening and fatal diseases like cancer as well.
200 Hrs Yoga therapy TTC SOHYAA Goa (Yoga Alliance Certified)
Yoga Therapy TTC is designed by Yoga teacher and therapist Yogi Chaitanya with all his experience and expertise working with real life cases with different disorders. The case studies are live and insights comes directly from his experiences combining with the knowledge of great Indian Yoga teachers. The Yoga therapy TTC is based on Hatha base styles involving insights from great variants like Iyengar and shivananda. The approach is to utilise Yoga as a therapy to heal and cure. You would be going towards the therapeutic side of the Yoga through all the tools and methods you already know or would learn here in this course systematically and in a structured way.
|Starting Date||Completion Date||Apply Now|
|Feb 8' 2016||March 6' 2016|
Note: Kindly mail us for course fee with twin shared room and non sharing room.
Special Instruction & Note: This is beginner's 200 hrs Yoga therapy teacher training course (YTTC) and highly experienced teachers and therapist should better go for advanced Yoga therapy courses and intensive Yoga Therapy workshops instead of this TTC. The course is divided into foundation and core Therapy part. We don't start the therapy case studies right from the day one.
Foundation part: First 1.5 weeks: Learning tools of Yoga therapy (asanas, pranayama, Hatha Yoga techniques and methods), However approach is different so revisiting and relearning with a new approach might make a huge difference even for experienced teachers and surely for freshers.
Core Therapy Part: Remaining 2.5 weeks are spent vigorously on Yoga Therapy Anatomy Physiology, related disorders, diseases & Case studies involving designing live sequences for max 6 and minimum 5 diseases or disorders followed by practical and written exams.
Kindly refer the syllabus before enrolling. We have a fixed course and students need to make it sure why what, how of this course. We don't take responssibility if after enrolling and commencing, it doesn't match your expectations or learning objectives. The course follows the official course guidelines laid out by Yoga Alliance (US) for 200 hrs Yoga Therapy TTC and we teach what we have included in the official syllabus.
300 Hrs Yoga Therapy TTC (Yoga Alliance International Recognised)
Teachers or students who would like to finish 300 hrs from SOHYAA Goa must finish 200 hrs from our school first and then complete additional 100 hrs. We don't recognise hourly credits of first 200 hrs from any other school or institution to be considered for finishing last 100 Hrs.
Course duration: 6 weeks
Last 100 hrs Course contents:
Advanced Yoga Anatomy, Additional Body systems: Nervous, Reproductive and Endocrine with related disorders and additional case studies and assignments, Includes 5 additional live case studies
Practical, thesis, written exam Certification on the successful completion
Schedules for 300 Hrs Yoga Therapy TTC
- Enrolled Yoga TTC students would get 25% fee concession on Ayurveda Massage and Panchakarma Course (AMPT) and Ayurveda Diet and Nutrition Course. Offer valid only for online booking registration in advance.
We offer you 200 Hrs (4 weeks) Yoga Alliance accredited Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Course (TTC). After completing your course successfully, you can register yourself with Yoga Alliance to teach Yoga to other students and for your own personal transformation and healing others. However some practical real life experience might be required and continued work to treat patients professionally and effectively. Every skill takes time to excel as we say. We also offer 300 hrs Yoga Therapy courses. Interested teachers or students can inquire personally.
Who can join?
Any enthusiastic and disciplined Yoga student who has been practicing any style of Yoga (Hatha, Ashtanga, Iyengar or Kundalini Kriyas) can join..
What to expect during the course?
Strict discipline, No Non veg food or smoking or drinking alcohol, Abstinence from sensual pleasures, living with simplicity and in a satwic Yogic way. Avoid useless talking and chatting, engaging in personal and group practice, being considerate to others and yourself. Effort and dedication is required to complete the course successfully. Non serious students can opt for Yoga Retreats instead of Yoga TTC. We teach Yoga in a traditional ashram set up and environment. You would find authentic classical traditional Indian Yoga here at SOHYAA Goa.
Course Curriculum and Syllabus
1. Study of Health and Disease according to Ayurveda:
- Ayurveda Introduction
- Panchmahabhuta Concept of Body and mind (Five Elements)
- TriDosha (Three Constitutions) Concept (Vata , Pitta and Kapha)
- The effect of the dosas in the body according to season, day time and age
- Concept of Body and Mind (Holistic Approach to healing
- Knowing your dosha
- Diet and Daily Regimen for each dosha
Note: Ayurveda Concepts are only introductory and not in detailed. Two sessions of 90 minutes each would be devoted for teaching these concepts close to the end of the course.
2. Study of Asanas
a) Pawanamuktasana Series (Adopted from Bihar School of Yoga)
- Anti-rehumatic Group
- Digestive/Abdominal Group
- Energy Blocks Releasing Group
- Application of these series for common diseases
b) Iyengar Therapeutic Series
- Foundation postures for sequencing according to a disease
- Sequences for the Cardiovascular, Immune, Nervous, Digestive, Respiratory and Uro genital systems.
c) Six fold Detoxification Techniques in Yoga (Yogic Shat Kriyas)
- Laghoo & Deergha Shankaprakshalana
3. Asana Methodology
- Core Principles of Asana Practice through Asana Methodology
- Yoga Therapy Sequence : Core Principles for designing Yoga Therapy
- The Science of Asanas and their therapeutic effects
- Standing Postures
- Forward Bending Postures
- Meditation Postures
- Back Bending Postures
- Twisting Postures
- Inverted Postures
- Relaxation Postures
- Health Assessment for patients/students.
- Teaching Practicum
- Videos: Yoga Therapy Anatomy of Body systems & related disorders and diseases
- Use of Yoga Props, Blocks, Blocks, belts etc.
4. Relaxation Techniques
- Quick Relaxation Technique
- Yoga Nidra
- Healing the Body-Mind (Creative Visualization & Self Hypnosis)
- Chakra Breathing
5. Study of Pranayama (breathing exercises) & Bandhas
- The Mechanics' of Breathing
- Four Aspects of Pranayama
- Introducing the practitioner to his natural breath
- Abdominal Breathing
- Thoracic Breathing
- Clavicles Breathing
- Full Yogic Breath
- Nadi Shodhana
- Sheetali & Sheetkari
- Surya Bhedan
- Moola, Uddhyana, Jalandhara & Maha Bandha.
- Application of Pranayamas for healing and managing disorders
6. Mudra Therapy (Psychic Gestures and Locks)
- Using mudras to heal physical problems
- Using mudras to heal emotional and mental problems
- Mudra exercises
- Chin Mudra
- Jnana Mudra
- Shambavi Mudra
- Nasikagra Mudra
- Prana Mudra
- Shanmukhi Mudra
- Kechari & Kaki Mudra
- Apana Mudra
- Apana Vayu Mudra
- Prana Mudra
- Jal Mudra
- Prithvi Mudra
- Mudra therapy for curing chronic diseases and conditions
7. The Yogic Diet
- Yogic Diet: What Yogis should eat
- Relationship between food and our emotions
- How food affects our mind?
- Fasting and its benefits
- Ayurveda Diet and Nutrition Concepts
8. Energy Anatomy
- Concept of Nadis (Energy Pathways)
- Concept of Koshas
- Concept of five Pranas
- The chakras
- Correlation of Chakras Nadis their connection with physical, mental and emotional health
9. Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras
Concept of Abhyasa and Vairagyam
Ashtanga Yoga (The 8 limbs of Yoga)
10. Yoga Therapy Anatomy
- Cardiovascular System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Related disorders and its management through Yoga methods and Tools
The course includes 2 manuals from our institution and reference books (Library Access)
11. Case Studies & Assignments
By the Fourth Week, students will be asked to take up at least 4 case studies, 3 mandatory and one optional which would be the part of the final assessment and practical exam
Written Final Exam
3 hrs written exam in the end phase of the course
Results, Certification and Ceremony
On successful completion as per the standards of the school, students would be awarded with certification on the last day of the course.
! Om Tat Sat !