Yoga Therapy Teachers Training in Goa, India
200 Hours Yoga Therapy Teachers Training Course (YTTC)
"Atha Yoga Anushashanam"
What is Yoga Therapy ?
The process of yoga therapy is based on selecting and sequencing asanas which stretch specified parts of the body, and block others. You must remember, however, that in the case of serious or congenital disabilities, yoga asanas may not affect a full recovery, but in many cases can alleviate some of the suffering associated with the condition. Asanas and other Yogi methods need to be practiced with patience and diligence for a period of time to get relief or cure. Yoga calms the nerves and reduces the pain thus bringing the foremost trouble entity (pain) to the minimum levels. Meditation and pranayama speeds up the healing process. Cure is not forced but allowed the nature to heal on its own pace.
Yoga Therapy has proven to be effective in treating more than 55 chronic diseases and conditions with ample evidence. Yoga is holistic. Diseases manifest only when our body, mind and soul are not in balance with each other. The belief underlying yoga therapy is to enable the human system to function as efficiently, effectively, and naturally as it can. This natural process, however, operates at its own rhythm and pace, and the pace may sometimes be slow. Yoga therapy begins with understanding the entire human body and the way it functions. The origins and development of the ailment in question are carefully studied, particularly the parts of the body most affected. The aim is not simply to cure the specific symptoms, but to target the cause.
Yoga addresses every muscle, bone, organ, tissues and cell of the body. Therapeutic Yoga treatments are not only limited to curing minor or major chronic diseases but also life threatening and fatal diseases like cancer as well.
200 Hrs Yoga Therapy TTC Course
We offer you 200 Hrs (4 weeks) Yoga Alliance accredited Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Course (TTC). After completing your course successfully, you can register yourself with Yoga Alliance to teach Yoga to other students and for your own personal transformation and healing others. However some practical real life experience might be required and continued work to treat patients professionally and effectively. Every skill takes time to excel as we say. We also offer 300 hrs Yoga Therapy courses after successfully completing the first 200 hrs from SOHYAA Goa. Interested teachers or students can inquire personally.
Who can join?
Any enthusiastic and disciplined Yoga student or teacher who has been practicing any style of Yoga (Hatha, Ashtanga, Iyengar or Kundalini Kriyas)and who’s interested to learn Therapy side of Yoga for self healing and others.
Why you should choose this course at SOHYAA Goa?
- We don’t offer a holiday retreat or commercial Yoga here. Rather we strive and endeavour to teach the authentic traditional Hatha Yoga methods inspired from Traditional Hatha, Shivanada and Iyengar Styles and teachers. We merge it well with insights derived from modern Yoga Therapists, modalities and professionals who have done immense research in the field of Yoga Therapy in past two decades. Yoga techniques being delivered and taught in a simple and effective way. We expect dedicated students to join our courses as we are truly dedicated to personal transformation and imparting true application here. We offer a serious approach for learning Yoga & Vedic Sciences for dedicated and serious students and teachers.
- A course & training at SOHYAA Goa is just the beginning of your personal and professional transformation. We follow up with continued communication and guidance one to one online if students wish to do so.
- We keep small groups to give individual attention and interaction which leads to unique learning experience.
- The most effective way of learning and teaching Yoga is from ‘Direct Experience’. This is the traditional Gurukul teaching system where you will inherit the fruits of the wisdom of ancient Yogis to present day.
- The classes will be taught by highly experienced and awakened Yoga Teachers
- We offer volunteering opportunities for enthusiastic yoga students to teach with us after the course.
- The courses are SOHYAA are the most affordable quality courses you would find anywhere in this part of the world or elsewhere. As we believe Yoga education and profession should be cost effective and reachable to everyone still being profitable for school owners and others.
- Twice in a week , we arrange one or two Yoga classes close to the nature set ups like beside the beach or forest or nature inspired place to connect you with your own nature within !!
- You learn from Yoga Therapist and Yoga teachers who have direct or practical experience of healing people in some way or other through Yoga as Therapy.
Is this course for you?
You seek deeper self-transformation. You are a serious student looking for a more profound internal experience than a beach retreat or tourist yoga destinations can offer. At SOHYAA, we do yoga in a spiritual way without distractions of loud music, parties and intoxication of the body. You are deeply interested to heal yourself or others through Yoga. You are seriously interested to take Yoga beyond just superficial fitness thing rather you are genuinely interested to learn healing aspect of Yoga in a structured way which are so often missed normally. You will feel more relaxed and connected with yourself. Your life will be transformed into one which is happy, healthy & harmonious. Of course you do it , we just show you the path !!
What to expect during the course?
Strict discipline, No internet, No Non veg food or smoking or drinking alcohol, Abstinence from sensual pleasures, living with simplicity and in a sattwic Yogic way. Avoid useless talking and chatting, engaging in personal and group practice, being considerate to others and yourself. Effort and dedication is required to complete the course successfully. Non serious students can opt for Yoga Retreats instead of Yoga TTC. We teach Yoga in a traditional ashram set up and environment. You would find authentic classical traditional Indian Yoga here at SOHYAA Goa.
200 Hrs Yoga Therapy TTC Course Schedule (2016 - 17)
|Starting Date||Completion Date||Apply Now|
|January 4' 2017||January 31' 2017|
|March 6' 2017||March 31' 2017|
Self Assessment (Prior)
You are requested to engage lead teacher or Director personally through skype or email communication to do your own person self assessment for this course. Yoga Therapy is not a style so you can’t expect to learn everything new rather it’s an application of already known methods with a completely different approach. You also learn completely new subjects and topics. Kindly refer the course content below on this page for more clarity and understanding.
Course Structure and Design
- This is beginner's 200 hrs Yoga therapy teacher training course (YTTC) and highly experienced teachers and therapist should better go for advanced Yoga therapy courses and intensive Yoga Therapy workshops instead of this 200 Hrs YTTC. The course is divided into foundation and Core Therapy part. We don't start the therapy case studies right from the day one.
- Foundation part: First 1.5 weeks: Learning tools of Yoga therapy (asanas, pranayama, Hatha Yoga techniques and methods), However approach is different so revisiting and relearning with a new approach might make a huge difference even for experienced teachers and surely for freshers.
- Core Therapy Part: Remaining 2.5 weeks are spent vigorously on Yoga Therapy Anatomy Physiology, related disorders, diseases & Case studies involving designing live sequences for max 6 and minimum 5 diseases or disorders followed by practical and written exams.
- Kindly refer the syllabus before enrolling. We have a fixed course and students need to make it sure why what, how of this course. We don't take responsibility if after enrolling and commencing, it doesn't match your expectations or learning objectives. The course follows the official course content guidelines laid out by Yoga Alliance (US) for 200 hrs Yoga Therapy TTC and we teach what we have included in the official syllabus.
300 Hrs Yoga Therapy TTC (Yoga Alliance International Recognised)
Teachers or students who would like to finish 300 hrs from SOHYAA Goa must finish 200 hrs from our school first and then complete additional 100 hrs. We don't recognise hourly credits of first 200 hrs from any other school or institution to be considered for finishing last 100 Hrs with us. We don't offer advanced 300 hours after first 200 hrs credits amounting to 500 hrs. What we offer is advanced 100 hrs after first 200 hrs (300 hrs). So no confusion here !!!
|Starting Date||Completion Date||Apply Now|
|January 4' 2017||February 27' 2017|
Course duration: 6 weeks
- 200 Hrs YTTC: 4 weeks
- Advanced 100 hrs: 2 weeks
Last 100 hrs Course contents:
- Advanced Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Additional Body Systems
- Reproductive and Endocrine with related disorders and additional case studies and assignments
- Includes 5 additional live case studies
- Written exam & Certification on successful completion
Special Note: Interested students must finish previous 200 hrs from the institution (SOHYAA Goa) to go for this schedule. Students who have already finished 200 hrs Yoga Therapy TTC from SOHYAA Goa in last 2 years are eligible to take up additional 100hrs. However they have to present their continued education, practice and preparedness to be considered for 100 hrs (advanced).
- Enrolled Yoga TTC students would get 25% fee concession on Ayurveda Massage and Panchakarma Course (AMPT) and Ayurveda Diet and Nutrition Course. Offer valid only for online booking registration in advance.
How does the daily schedule looks like ?
200 Hrs Yoga Therapy Teacher Training (YTTC) Daily Schedule:
Monday to Friday
|6:30 am to 7:30 am||Meditation, Pranayama and Mantra Chanting Session|
|8:00 am to 9:30 am||Yoga Asana Practice based on Hatha Shivananda styles|
|11:00 am to 12 pm||Yoga Philosophy / bhagwad Gita / karma Yoga|
|12:30 pm to 2:00 pm||Yoga Therapy Anatomy / Case studies/ Physiology / Asana Methodology|
|Lunch Break and Rest|
|4: 30 pm to 5: 30 pm||Yoga Philosophy / Bhagwad Gita Discourse / karma Yoga|
|6:00 pm to 7:00 pm||Asana Practice (Self ) or with teachers|
Saturday only Morning Practice till 10:00 am
Course Curriculum and Syllabus (200 hrs)
1. Study of Health and Disease according to Ayurveda:
- Ayurveda Introduction
- Panchmahabhuta Concept of Body and mind (Five Elements)
- TriDosha (Three Constitutions) Concept (Vata , Pitta and Kapha)
- The effect of the dosas in the body according to season, day time and age
- Concept of Body and Mind (Holistic Approach to healing
- Knowing your dosha
- Diet and Daily Regimen for each dosha
Note: Ayurveda Concepts are only introductory and not in detailed. Two sessions of 90 minutes each would be devoted for teaching these concepts close to the end of the course.
2. Study of Asanas
a) Pawanamuktasana Series (Adopted from Bihar School of Yoga)
- Anti-rehumatic Group
- Digestive/Abdominal Group
- Energy Blocks Releasing Group
- Application of these series for common diseases
b) Iyengar Therapeutic Series
- Foundation postures for sequencing according to a disease
- Sequences for the Cardiovascular, Immune, Nervous, Digestive, Respiratory and Uro genital systems.
c) Six fold Detoxification Techniques in Yoga (Yogic Shat Kriyas)
- Laghoo & Deergha Shankaprakshalana
3. Asana Methodology
- Core Principles of Asana Practice through Asana Methodology
- Yoga Therapy Sequence : Core Principles for designing Yoga Therapy
- The Science of Asanas and their therapeutic effects
- Standing Postures
- Forward Bending Postures
- Meditation Postures
- Back Bending Postures
- Twisting Postures
- Inverted Postures
- Relaxation Postures
- Health Assessment for patients/students.
- Teaching Practicum
- Videos: Yoga Therapy Anatomy of Body systems & related disorders and diseases
- Use of Yoga Props, Blocks, Blocks, belts etc.
4. Relaxation Techniques
- Quick Relaxation Technique
- Yoga Nidra
- Healing the Body-Mind (Creative Visualization & Self Hypnosis)
- Chakra Breathing
5. Study of Pranayama (breathing exercises) & Bandhas
- The Mechanics' of Breathing
- Four Aspects of Pranayama
- Introducing the practitioner to his natural breath
- Abdominal Breathing
- Thoracic Breathing
- Clavicles Breathing
- Full Yogic Breath
- Nadi Shodhana
- Sheetali & Sheetkari
- Surya Bhedan
- Moola, Uddhyana, Jalandhara & Maha Bandha.
- Application of Pranayamas for healing and managing disorders
6. Mudra Therapy (Psychic Gestures and Locks)
- Using mudras to heal physical problems
- Using mudras to heal emotional and mental problems
- Mudra exercises
- Chin Mudra
- Jnana Mudra
- Shambavi Mudra
- Nasikagra Mudra
- Prana Mudra
- Shanmukhi Mudra
- Kechari & Kaki Mudra
- Apana Mudra
- Apana Vayu Mudra
- Prana Mudra
- Jal Mudra
- Prithvi Mudra
- Mudra therapy for curing chronic diseases and conditions
7. The Yogic Diet
- Yogic Diet: What Yogis should eat
- Relationship between food and our emotions
- How food affects our mind?
- Fasting and its benefits
- Ayurveda Diet and Nutrition Concepts
8. Energy Anatomy
- Concept of Nadis (Energy Pathways)
- Concept of Koshas
- Concept of five Pranas
- The chakras
- Correlation of Chakras Nadis their connection with physical, mental and emotional health
9. Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga Sutras
- Concept of Abhyasa and Vairagyam
- Ashtanga Yoga (The 8 limbs of Yoga)
10. Yoga Therapy Anatomy
- Cardiovascular System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Skeletal System
- Muscular System
- Related disorders and its management through Yoga methods and Tools
The course includes 2 manuals from our institution and reference books (Library Access)
11. Case Studies & Assignments
By the Fourth Week, students will be asked to take up at least 4 case studies, 3 mandatory and one optional which would be the part of the final assessment and practical exam
Written Final Exam
3 hrs written exam in the end phase of the course
Results, Certification and Ceremony
On successful completion as per the standards of the school, students would be awarded with certification on the last day of the course.
! Om Tat Sat !