Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India
We offer you the Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teachers Training Courses for Hatha, Kundalini, Yoga Therapy and Ashtanga Styles which also includes insights from other great styles like Iyengar, and Sivananda for more deeper and advanced learning experience. Yoga Teacher Training provides a systematic & structured understanding of yoga practices and the method of teaching yoga. Yoga is not just postures. It is a complete science to be learnt thoroughly before one decides for teaching. Yoga Teachers Training opens the new frontiers and dimensions for learning Yoga teaching techniques.
Various Full Time Residential Teacher Training Courses in Goa, India
- 200 Hours Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
- 200 Hours Kundalini Yoga Teachers Training
- 200 Hours Yoga Therapy Teachers Training
- 85 Hours Pre & Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Teacher Training Courses (TTC) Venue
Villa No 41, Le- Gardenia,
365/1, Kajaryachi Ghati,
Pernem Goa, 403527
Eligibility for Yoga Teacher Training Courses (TTC)
Beginners, Intermediate or Advance Yoga Aspirants.
No prior experience for Yoga Teachers Training is mandatory. All enthusiastic and serious aspiring students can join. The only thing you must have is an inner deep desire for serious Yoga learning, practice and teaching. However, some learning, reading and practice helps before you come for the teachers training course.
(Many experienced teachers who learned earlier also took these courses. They found that courses at School of Holistic Yoga and Ayurveda, Goa are really very deep, intensive and extensive than what they learned earlier as we focus more on deeper and spiritual aspects of Yoga like Yama, Niyam, Yogic Discipline and Life than simply emphasizing a lot only on Asana practice)
Why a residential program for Yoga Teacher Training Courses (TTC)?
- The most effective way of learning and teaching Yoga is from ‘Direct Experience’. This is the traditional teaching where you will inherit the fruits of the wisdom of Ancient Yogis to present day
- The classes will be taught by the highly experienced and skilled Yoga Teachers
- Away from your home, business, appointments, everyday responsibilities and the distractions of the home environment, you can focus all your attention on the course and experience the positive benefits of intensive Yoga
- Throughout the programs each moment is lived with awareness, bringing about growth and transformation. The classes are for limited number of students (Normally max 6) giving everyone the opportunity for much individual attention and ample practice
- The Yoga Teachers Training course will give you a solid foundation & enough knowledge of Yoga for a lifetime of practice & the skills necessary to pass these teachings on to others. Student’s 100% honest & personal participation, results in 100% better & positive results
- Yoga manuals with more than 350 pages will be provided to support each individual’s personal understanding
- You will be awarded an internationally recognized Yoga Alliance International Certified Yoga teacher certificate (CYT) and after the successful completion of the course you will become Certified Yoga Teacher accredited with Yoga Alliance. This certification would help you to get your skills and teachings recognized globally as a Certified and Registered Yoga teacher ( RYT).
For motivated, inspired and determined students opportunities are offered either at the end or during the program. You can volunteer to teach in the institute for next upcoming courses and retreats
Yoga Teachers Training Teaching Methodology
- Foundation, basic teaching techniques, qualities of teachers, art of teaching, teaching styles based on the size of the group, stages and level of the student
- Anatomy and alignment- techniques
- Written assignments and case studies based on the teaching methodology
- Correction and adjustment techniques
- Soft Skills, public relation and interaction skills
- Class coordination and conflict management, intention and attitudes, giving instructions, principal of demonstration- theory and practicum
- Observation and taking feedback
- Overcoming language and communication barriers
- Time Management and Pacing
- Yoga in the marketplace, setting up a Yoga business, marketing strategies, future trends, advertising, business & ethics, start and development- practical tips, possible challenges and ways to overcome them, business ethics, networking skills, teaching and business innovations
- Last but not the least,Magical Influence and post class management skills
The unique thing about our Yoga Teachers training is covering everything effectively in 4 weeks time frame. Usually most of the schools focus a lot on Asana practice and learning and neglecting demonstration and instruction part. So what really happens is that it no more remains a Yoga Teachers Training but kind of regular students learning program. Although, Asana learning is definitely important but no one can master asana in the times of 3 or 4 weeks. It requires a persistent practice to master asana, gain control and poise. It all depends how much and how often you practice after you walk out of your TTC. We understand this and our focus is also on imparting crucial teaching instructions, rare practical teaching techniques, ethics, Yoga as a profession which gives you confidence to teach during and after your TTC. We strongly feel that the very purpose of Yoga Teachers Training is helping the students and teachers to gain confidence as a teacher. We expose you a lot for practical live teaching in the class room set up, observing others, voice throw projection, body language, We understand that this is not going to be your first and last learning program as we firmly believe learning never stops even as a teacher.
Note: Yoga Teachers Training ( TTC) certificates will only be awarded after the completion of the course successfully as per the standards set by the institution for the course. Students must follow the Code of Conduct & Rules and Regulations during the entire stay for their course. Failing to do so would result in failure in the course and in extreme situations cancellation of the admission as well.
Yoga Teacher Training Courses (TTC) Features
- Theory and practical: Asanas, Pranayamas, Kriyas, Bandhas,Mudras, Chanting, and Meditation
- Classification and sequencing of all yoga asanas (poses) and adjustments techniques to correct your students or yourself
- Teaching methodology, Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, and the student’s process of learning
- Anatomy and Physiology, includes both physical Anatomy and Physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and astral/energy/subtle Anatomy and Physiology (Chakras, Nadis, etc.) pertaining to Yoga therapy and disease treatment and management
- Healing: Therapeutic benefits of yoga and precautions and contraindication
- Career: Business/Career of a yoga teacher, communication skills and safety norms
- Yoga Philosophy and Lifestyle, Study of Yoga Scriptures (Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, etc.), ethics for yoga teachers, ‘living the life of the Yogi’, ‘Ayurveda & Yoga’etc
- Special techniques, and applied yogic sciences for healthy life
- Practicum includes student teaching at school as well as observing and assisting in classes taught by others
- Assignments in related fields wherever applicable and necessary
- Separate tests for practical( demonstrative in the classroom set up) and theory ( written exam including topics from the syllabus and manuals)
Note: We conduct classes on Saturday as well and TTC’s can stretch for additional 3 days. Students are expected to be present two or three days after the scheduled ending dates. They are advised to arrange travels and departures keeping this thing in mind.
Students can arrive earliest 2 days before their course and leave one day after, any additional stay before or after the course is purely based on availability and will be chargeable based on daily tariff in the particular month and time.
In case you decide not to go for accommodation and arrange on your own, then no charges or payment would be deducted out of the total course fee as we don’t charge for shared room accommodation and it’s a facility given to students without any cost. Students would be required to arrange accommodation out of the ashram or school in case they are late or decide not to stay in school accommodation. The price of 100 Euros will be deducted from the total course fee in the case of separate non sharing accommodation option only and not the shared one.
Special Note: We conduct classes on Saturday as well and TTC’s can stretch for additional one or two days. Students are expected to be present two days after the scheduled ending dates. They are advised to arrange travels and departures keeping this aspect in mind. Normally the course ends on time and as per the above given schedule.
Accommodation Options and Cost for Yoga Teacher Training Courses (TTC)
We need at least 3 months advance registrations for accommodation options as rooms are limited in the school and given on first cum first basis. However, we can arrange accommodation in nearby guest houses or rooms for late bookings.
Early Bird dicounts applicable only if you book online by paying booking registration amount at least 90 days before the date of commencement of the TTC Course. Any bookings which are not before 90 days shall not be entitled for early bird discounts.
Internet wi fi is available at the centre but it’s advisable to use internet only when absolutely required. Chatting, Fb or habit of being glued to internet doesn’t go along with Yoga learning and ttc. Video conferencing and skyping is not allowed after 10 pm. Internet is allowed only for checking mails and using social media in limits. Downloading or uploading is not allowed.
Accommodation and room stay are beautiful clean and peaceful. No Luxuries but modest, beautiful and decent rooms. Don’t come with wrong expectations. We display pics of the rooms on the website in the gallery section. Sometimes its not possible to send the pics, so be flexible. We give first priority to student’s well being and stay.
Kindly visit thePhoto Gallery to check the pics of the Yoga school and rooms.
Yoga Teacher Training Courses (TTC) Tentative Daily Schedule
8.00 – 9:30 – 90 min daily Asana Practice (Complete Hatha or Ashtanga Series)
9: 30 am – Breakfast time
11.00 am – 12:30 pm- Yoga anatomy & physiology, theory asana methodology
12: 30 – 1.00pm- Pranyama Practice and teaching
1.00 pm – 2 pm- Lunch/ Rest
2.00 – 3.00 pm – Yoga philosophy/ Vedic Philosophy/ Mantra Chanting/ Bhagvad Gita
Break: Rest and Self Study
4: 30 – 6:00pm- Corrections and Alignments/ Art of Teaching ( Workshop)
Day off; Self Study ( Non Contact Hours), Going out or rest
10 to 11 pm: Lights off ( Sleep)
Sat- Only morning Asana Practice and pranayama and meditation sessions (No afternoon & Evening Sessions on Sat)
Sun- No Classes/ Day off
Teaching practice in: Pairs and small group
Feedback & Comments
Suggestions and Focus
Teaching Practice under teacher’s control
Case Studies: Live in the class
Assessment based on:
Code of Conduct
Practical exam of teaching ( Minimum 7 teaching class covering 3 half and 2 Full Asana Sequence, 2 meditation and Pranayama class ( minimum 20 to 60 min session )
3 hrs Written Exam of the concepts and theory
On Successful completion, you are awarded with the Teacher’s Training Certification for said number of hours (200hrs) TTC program.
We take only 5 to 6 in one group as you can’t focus if you have more than 6 in one group. We work with small groups max 6 ideally 5 as we strongly think that Teachers training in one month needs to be addressed quite systematically and big group set up can be worst for both teachers and Students. We have been fulfilling this challenge effectively for past few years as we work with tightly knitted and structured course contents and focused teaching techniques. Most importantly, we work with small groups. We set realistic teaching outcomes and work with day to day plan and teaching hours. Individual focus, achieving teaching and learning outcomes is the most crucial aspect in the intensive short term teaching courses. We truly understand and address it over here.
! Hari Om Tat Sat !